Custom Search

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cool Shady Oak Tree, Oil Painting by Esther J. Williams
















"Cool Shady Oak Tree" 18"W x 14"H, oil on stretched linen. I am welcoming spring with delight, the colors are blooming everywhere. My latest spring painting excursion results. I made another hiking trip into Bommer Canyon on March 21 to see my favorite oak tree in southern California. This tree is so big, you can fit three of me in the trunk. It survived a fire even. It completely shades the trail with filtering light lacing through the leaves and branches. It rests on the edge of a steep hill and down into a canyon. There is a broken branch on it that points to the mustard flower covered hill several hundred feet away. Since I was a little girl, I have loved oak trees, I used to climb them. Now I respect them greatly and wish to paint them again and again. This is a protected wilderness park in the old Irvine Ranch, Bommer Canyon is controlled by the City of Irvine. This painting is offered at $500.00 and will be framed. You can email me through here by clicking on my Profile and there is an email link there.

I invite you to come to an exhibition that I have a painting in. It is called "Small is Beautiful" at the new SOCALPAPA Gallery located in Newport Beach, CA. It is a show of over 70 small paintings done in the California Impressionist "Plein Air" style. Show begins April 3rd, Saturday, 2010 from 4-6pm with a cocktail reception. Come and meet the artists, I will be there. The show runs through June 13th, 2010. The new gallery is located within the Newport Harbor Nautical Museum, 600 East Bay Avenue, NB, CA 92661. My painting Balboa Bay Boats is a juried entry piece.



















I do have another oil painting in an art exhibition at Ironstone Vineyards in Murphy, CA. This was a juried show, part of the event called Spring Obsession. It is an annual art, flower and culinary weekend. The weekend was March 6-7, 2010, I did not attend unfortunately. I should've listed it on my blog previously but I have been so busy painting in March. The painting in the exhibition is titled "Rays of Light", 8"W x 10"H on stretched linen. Price $300, framed. Ironstone Vineyards is located at 1894 Six Mile Road, Murphys, CA 95247. The show runs through May 9, 2010. This is such a gorgeous winery, the owners are fabulous and so are the people who run it. The scenery is spectacular, it is in the foothills of the Sierras in gold country. True country, like the old wild west.

No comments: